The here and now
I am a woman who is getting a chance to re-write just about everything in life all because I have been given the gift to intentionally choose my trajectory. I know not many people get this sort of opportunity to quit their careers and move across the country to start fresh. I will admit that at times it is frightening being so vulnerable without the safety nets of the past to fall back into. But what I do know is that I have been given this chance to find what I am really meant to do and how I am meant to give back to others.
Just the facts
First and foremost, I am a child of God and I am precious. And it only took 53 years to figure that out. 😉
Additionally, I am a wife to an amazing man, a mother to three grown children, a mother-in-law to a couple great men, and a grammy to the sweetest grand daughter in the world.
Beneath the surface, I…
- …am a lover of life – the good, the bad and the mundane.
- …am a student at the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy.
- …am creative. I love to write, decorate, paint walls and rearrange furniture.
- …am learning how to cook – and I love it!
- …love geeky things like technology, fixing things, social media, mind-mapping, strategy and putting things together.
- …spent the majority of my career in the construction industry – something that wasn’t popular for women in 1987.
- …love, love, love handbags. Yes, it’s a problem.
- …have curiosity, gratitude, love of learning, kindness and spirituality as my top five character strengths.
- …am an extrovert who acts more like an introvert much the time.
- …have finally learned the power of meditation and the importance of being still.
- …am the dog-whisperer (or so says my family).
- …can do any household DIY project with a butter knife and mallet.
- …take things personally, even though I know it says not to in The Four Agreements.
- …think vintage shopping and Facebook Marketplace are the bomb.
- …play the piano and use it to keep me grounded.
- …was made for short, sassy hair. Growing it out just doesn’t work.
- …have some of the best friends in the world!